Week 5 – not long until half term!
Year 7 – Number and Patterns; Part of a Whole
- A sequences alternative to ‘how many matchsticks’ can be found here.
- Jim Ponds Mathematical Mission – maybe a good prep?
Year 8 – Linear Equations; Probability
- An ‘improving learning in maths’ lesson idea addressing misconceptions in algebra.
- A nice introduction to sample spaces.
Year 9 – The gradient of a straight line; Straight line graphs.
Year 10 – Proportion; Recurring decimals.
- A cruise ship uses 1gallon of fuel to travel 6inches. In a 500mile cruise, how much fuel is needed?