Friday is Pi Day! Hopefully there will be some online activities as per last year, but here are a few other ideas as well.
- Challenge your class to learn as many digits of pi as possible – prizes to whoever can remember the most.
- Get them to write a pi-em for prep. Explanation here.
- A nice website with lots of other ideas.
Year 7 – Metric and Imperial Units; Solids
Year 8 – Transformations
- A fantastic collection of worksheets from the wonderful Tristan Jones – you will need a TES login.
Year 9 – Frequency Tables; Averages; Displaying Data.
- A nice rich activity from ‘improving learning in maths’.
Year 10 – Problems involving quadratics; Quadratic inequalities; Using graphs to solve equations.