Technically not a fortnight, as this lot will last you three weeks.
Year 7 – Formulae; Triangles and Quadrilaterals; Area and Perimeter
- Draw me a rocket – triangle contruction task.
- Follow-me cards – match question and answer like dominoes.
- Can they be equal? A nice area and perimeter investigation.
- Warmsnug double glazing – an area and perimeter prep.
Year 8 – Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
- An ‘improving learning in maths’ suggested lesson for converting between fractions and decimals.
- An ‘improving learning in maths’ suggested lesson for percentage increase and decrease.
Year 9 – Solving simultaneous equations graphically; Graphs and inequalities; Similar triangles; Pythagoras’ Theorem.
- A watertight demonstration of Pythagoras’ Theorem
Year 10 – Cubic graphs; Reciprocal Graphs; Alternate Segment Theorem; Intersecting chords and tangents Theorem; Problems involving sets. Shading sets. Set notation.