Getting online at school – the school iPads should already be set up for you but just in case…
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and choose Staff
- You will be prompted to sign in using your usual username and password, and then choose ‘Connect to the Secure Network’.
- Click ‘install’ when prompted.
- You should connect automatically after a minute or two, but if not go back to Wi-Fi and choose BSG_SC
Getting your outlook messages
- Go to Settings > Mail,Contacts,Calendars > Add Account… > Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your berkhamstedschool.org email address, and password. Description is your choice, but something like ‘School outlook’ would fit the bill!
- On the next page, under Server put mail.bcschool.org, under Domain put incents, and under Username put the username you use to log on to the computer.
- Finally, choose what your would like to sync. Mail (obviously) and probably calendars, but contacts and reminders are up to you. This should mean you can access your outlook mails from the mail icon, plus it will sync any outlook calendar items into your ipad calendar and, if you have chosen, sync your contacts and reminders as well.
- If you’re not seeing any emails, it is only set up to sync the last 3 days of messages. You can amend this in Settings.
Getting your school Gmails
There is a way to have them in the same mail app as your outlook, but IT haven’t yet filled me in on this one. However, there is something you can do in the meantime.
- Download the Gmail App from the App Store.
- When you first open it you will be prompted to sign in.
- Sign in using your @berkhamstedschool.net email address and password.
- It will then ask you to sign in again – you don’t need to reenter your password, just click ‘sign in’ and it will then give you a screen similar to thelp – sign in as you normally would on thelp.
Getting your Google Drive
- Download the Google Drive App from the App Store.
- The sign in process is just the same as for Gmail above.
- Download the Citrix Receiver from the App Store.
- Add account – type in remote.berkhamstedschool.net
- Type in your username and password, and the domain “incents”
- On the left, you can add the desktop and isams to access them anytime.